Elevated S'mores Inspired Ice Cream Sundaes

Tuesday, June 14, 2016
This shop had been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #TopYourSummer #CollectiveBias



I had a lightbulb moment the other day while buying stacks on stacks on stacks of Blue Bunny® ice cream - Sweet and creamy S'mores Inspired Ice Cream Sundaes! Graham cracker crumbles, mini chocolate chips, pecans [ I took creative liberties ;) ], marshmallowy Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, crunchy fudge ribbons!! It's all in there. Now all we need is a campfire and some toasted mallows!




I have been on a serious ice cream kick this month. I can't get enough of it! Every sweet, cool bite is so refreshing, and so indulgent. These S'mores Inspired Ice Cream Sundaes are no exception! Every summer we get together with friends and spend our days camping out on the beach, cooking burgers, and roasting marshmallows over the campfire for s'mores. It is the perfect way to relax and enjoy time with family/friends! Especially after long hours spent studying ( I know my college girls are out there! ), or long days at work.

It is crazy hot here and our camping sight isn't available yet so I decided to whip up a cool and creamy version of a classic s'more.. with a twist or two. I love my twists, what can I say. I hopped over to Walmart - Get it? Because Blue Bunny. HA! -  Anyway, I hopped over there and picked up some really delicious flavors. It's such a small thing, but, I LOVE the new clear Blue Bunny® packaging! We eat with out eyes first, right? Seeing the swirls of fudge and peanut butter did me in. I would have purchased every carton in Walmart, but, self control. So I only got 3 cartons. Because really you can never have too much ice cream! Am I right?! I grabbed the Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream for the S'mores Sundaes, plus some other goodies for a fun twist on waffle cones! [ more about those below ], and whipped up these yummy, classy sundaes for everyone. You have to try these! They are easy and have s'mores inspired flavors with a sophisticated edge. These sundaes are great for entertaining, but, mostly they're just great for your overall happiness ;)


S'mores Ice Cream Sundaes
Prep Time: 15 min  |  Chill Time: 5 min  | Serves: 6-8

Ingredients:
Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Graham Crackers ( crushed )
- Pecans ( whole or chopped )
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping

Equipment:
- Ice cream scoop
- Chilled glass ice cream cups


Preparation.
This is literally the easiest recipe you will ever replicate. EVER. And most likely one of the more delicious ones. Before you start assembling these sundaes place the glasses in the fridge or freezer to get frosty. Crush graham crackers into bite size pieces and set aside. If you want to use chopped pecans, go ahead and chop those and set aside. Nibble on the goodies as you go along and then dive spoon-first into your S'mores Sundae making!

Step 1. 
Place a small handful of the crushed graham crackers in the bottom of the chilled glass [ more if desired ]. Add in a small handful of whole or chopped pecans, and mini chocolate chips.

Step 2.
Add 2 generous scoops of Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream to the chilled glass, pressing ice cream down into the s'mores toppings.

Step 3.
Add another layer of crushed graham cracker, pecans, and mini chocolate chips. Top with 3 generous scoops of ice cream.

Step 4.
Top S'mores Sundaes with Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping and a dusting of finely crushed graham cracker.


THAT'S IT! Place sundaes in freezer for later or enjoy immediately. I adore how simple these sundaes are. How crazy is the Smucker's Magic Shell!? It's the perfect topper to these sundaes. It hardens beautifully like those dipped cones we all know and love so much. It comes in a couple of flavors and is such an easy, simple, and inexpensive way to bring extra fun to your summer ice cream consumption ;)

Sundae Substitutions/Additions:
Blue Bunny® Butter Pecan Ice Cream is a delicious substitution for the vanilla ice cream. It adds a salty buttery bite that is delicious pairing with the grahams and chocolate!
- Chocolate graham crackers are a phenomenal substitution! Pair with Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin' Chocolate™ Ice Cream for a unique treat!
- Cinnamon grahams are another great substation. Pair them with the Blue Bunny® Toasted Almond Fudge Ice Cream for a spicy kick!


I'm not stopping there though! Remember at the beginning of this post when I said I also picked up some other goodies for a fun twist on waffle cones? Yeah, well, I got Blue Bunny® Peanut Butter Party and Blue Bunny® Butter Pecan + some Keebler waffle cones [ they have chocolate waffle cones fyi ] and popped those bad boys upside down in chilled mugs! 


____________ Upside-down Waffle Cones ____________
Chilled Mugs  |  Stuffed Waffle Cones  | Enjoyment In Every Bite 


Flavors/goodies:
Blue Bunny® Peanut Butter Party
Blue Bunny® Butter Pecan
- Keebler Waffle Cones [ regular or chocolate ]
Smucker's Magic Shell [ any flavor ]
- Toppings of your choice

Equipment:
- Chilled glass mugs

Instead of just licking on an ice cream cone, pop those ice cream stiffed cones upside down in chilled mugs! They make a fun presentation and keep the mess down on hot summer days! Top the upside waffle cones with Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping or another flavor, and any goodies you desire! Since I had sundaes too I kept things simple and straightforward. Have fun with this!

How do you enjoy the delicious Blue Bunny ice cream flavors!? Have you tried a sundaes like this? Tell me all about it in the comments. Have a beautiful day!






Be sure to check out the #SoHoppinGood social hub HERE for more creative recipes!


LET'S CONNECT: 

No comments

Post a Comment

I am so glad that you stopped by. I love to hear from my readers! I appreciate each and every comment. Let's chat! Leave some love and I'll be sure to reply. Have a lovely day - Jen